- Product Details
The Netsys 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit SFP Media Converter Switch (NS-280FX) is an unmanaged SFP switch, specially designed to support high power consumption SFP modules, such as VDSL2-SFP (including the Netsys NV-100SFP-M) and G.fast-SFP modules. This allows the NS-280FX to serve as an unmanaged IP DSLAM, while also providing the flexibility to utilize VDSL2-SFP, G.fast-SFP module as well as fiber optical SFP modules to extend your networking services for a wide variety of applications. The NS-280FX also supports SFP port isolation for security, which can be easily configured using the slide switch on the front panel.
There are many multiport SFP switches on the market, but most either do not provide enough power for using VDSL2-SFP/G.fast modules, or encounter failures due to overheating. For this reason, we designed the NS-280FX to not only provide sufficient power, but also to provide exceptional heat dissipation by physically separating the SFP slots, using two internal fans, and a specially ventilated metal housing design.
Easy to install and extremely flexible, the NS-280FX can be utilized as an ISP network solution for FTTdp (Fiber to the distribution point), FTTC (Fiber to the Curb), FTTB (Fiber to the Building), and SOHO applications, among others.
Check out our Unmanaged DSLAM Alternative Kits which include everything you need to quickly deploy high-speed point-to-point Ethernet links from a central location to four (NS-280FXKIT-4) or eight (NS-280FX-8) separate remote locations.
- Supports 2 x 10/100/1000BASE-T & auto–MDIX for RJ-45 ports
- Supports 8 x 1.25G SFP Slots
- Cost effective bridge function for FTTdp/FTTC application
- Compatible to VDSL2 SFP module
- Support per SFP slot power source up to 3W
- Special design for VDSL2/G.fast-SFP module heat dissipation
- Supports isolation mode by Slide switch
- Compact in size, easy installation
- Plug & Play
- Flexible application & installation
- Support MTU 1632 bytes
- Supports 19” Rack mount bracket
- 1 X NS-280FX Unit
- 1 X AC Power Cord
- 2 x RJ-45 10/100/1000BASE-T & auto–MDIX Ports
- System : Power
- SFP Ports : LNK
- Uplink Ports : 1G / ACT,100M / ACT,10M / ACT
- Isolation : ISO8 X Extended Distance Ethernet Link Indicators
- Desktop or optional 19" Rack Mount (1RU)
- 14" x 6.14"x 1.75"(356mm x 156mm x 44mm)
- 4 lbs. ( Kg)
- 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C)
- 10% to 90% Non-Condensing
- FCC Part 15 Class A, CE
- RoHS Compliant